As an entrepreneur at heart, I’ve always been drawn to creating and selling new products. From hand-crafted bookmarks and stickers in elementary and middle school, to custom silk-screened T-shirts and propaganda in high school, I’ve always been on the lookout for new opportunities.
As a lifelong artist, I have honed my skills through both formal education and self-taught practice. My passion for traditional and graphic art has led me to pursue diverse artistic endeavors, including airbrushing. I have gained valuable experience through my time working at a T-shirt shop in Coronado, where I have logged thousands of hours perfecting my craft.
In 1991, I co-founded Unchained Graphix, a clothing line and custom screen printing shop that quickly gained national and international success. After the company disbanded in 1996, I took over and rebranded as Planet Apparel, a company focused on custom silk-screening, embroidery, and promotional products. In 2008, I sold Planet Apparel to another silkscreen company and focused on web design full-time.
Over the years, I’ve developed a wide range of skills, including font design, web design, Photoshop artistry, and web marketing strategy. As the CEO of NonStop Marketing, a San Diego-based digital company, I help provide app solutions for founders and custom websites and e-commerce solutions for startups, inventors, restaurateurs, consultants, and agencies.
In addition to running NonStop Marketing, I’ve also been active in the San Diego tech community. I ran RefreshSD, a monthly local web user group, and have helped organize successful events like MarchMingle, BarCampSD, Cool As Ever Tech, and San Diego Tech Scene, a calendar of San Diego tech events. Overall, I’m passionate about using my skills and experiences to help others succeed in the tech world.
- As a co-founder of Startup San Diego, a California non-profit 501(c)(3), I served as a secretary and board member, contributing to the organization’s success and growth.
- Helped organize the first Startup Weekend event in San Diego.
- Served as the initial organizer and event planner for San Diego Startup Week.
- Successfully owned and operated a T-shirt printing business in San Diego for 18 years, culminating in the successful sale of the company to another company in 2008.
- Demonstrated dedication to client satisfaction through completing a 40-hour project within a 24-hour time frame.
- Designed a set of pogs for a client, resulting in a final production run of 1 million units.
- Successfully created and launched the Scary Halloween font, which has been downloaded over 1.3 million times and has been used by global brands such as Scholastic, Dave Ramsey, Copacabana, and seen on Jane the Virgin Netflix series.
Current Projects & Focus:
- My main focus is NonStop Marketing, a digital agency that specializes in website design and development. In addition to building websites, we also offer search engine optimization (SEO) services to help businesses improve their online visibility and attract more qualified traffic to their website. NonStop Marketing provides digital marketing services to help businesses reach their target audience and promote their products or services. In addition, we offer hosting and maintenance services to ensure that client websites are always up to date and running smoothly.
- I am working on Gig Village, a platform designed to facilitate connections between remote workers and business owners in order to increase efficiency and productivity within businesses.
- As a partner at Ansir Cowork, a coworking space located in the Convoy Asian Cultural and Food District, I have the opportunity to provide coworking desks to entrepreneurs, creators, remote workers, and industry experts. The space is designed to support and foster collaboration and productivity among our diverse member base.